January 05, 2009

New Record

Yesterday we set at new record in my city of -40.

The temperature bottomed out at -41.1 C early Sunday. That's the coldest Jan. 4 in the 114 years of recorded temperatures for the city. It broke the old record of -40.0 set in 1966.
(Written in the local paper this morning)

However, not knowing it would be this cold Sunday, me and my boyfriend went out Saturday night and left my car overnight at a friend’s house. Yesterday he went to the same friends to watch football (his team, the eagles, won) and the car wouldn’t start so after being off work for two weeks (I work at a school) I had to get up at 6 am to drive across town literally to try and start my car (thankfully it started no problem, it was plugged in all night) then drive to the other side of town to make it to work on time.

All and all it has been a trying day so far so I’m going to try and get through till the end of the day with a few cups of coffee and a yummy cafeteria lunch.

1 comment:

Dakota Bear said...

Hello,

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I can't imagine temperatures being that cold. We might approach single digits once in awhile and have wind chill factors in the negative.

I like scrapbooking, but I spend more time buying scrapbook things and in the forums on scrapbook.com. But I must say I have a three day scrapbook retreat with one of my daughters coming up in early Feb. at a beautiful inn here in Connecticut. Hopefully I will get a lot done there.